Yesterday, my friends and I set out for DAY 1 of dress shopping. I was dreading it a little bit -- but Sgt. BM (her job is to keep me in line!) warned me that I should go ahead and start looking at dresses now... unless, of course, I wanted an in-stock David's Bridal dress. At which point, I immediately started booking appointments. (Yes, I am a shallow snob)
The day was surprisingly fun. We hit 5 boutiques and found 2 front-runners. I would post them online for comment, but THC has found this page (and demanded more entries about his bulging biceps), so that's a no-go.
Interestingly enough (and maybe this is patently obvious), but customer service makes a HUGE difference when shopping for wedding gowns. Why do stores not understand this??? In the first 2 stores, we received tremendous service and attention. The next 2 stores were a disaster. Even though I had set appointments, they totally ignored me, and seemed bothered when I asked them to pull gowns into my dressing room. I wanted to yell at them, like that scene in Pretty Woman when Julia Roberts goes into the store and says, "You work on commission, right? Big mistake... huge. I have to go shopping now...." What F'ing jerks.
So now, I'm slightly inspired by the wedding. The bridal magazines still freak me out, but baby steps, right?
P.S. Here is a photo of the lovely Sgt. BM on her wedding day. I tried on a dress with a similar neckline, and MOH vetoed it as too similar, so off-the-shoulder is out.
P.P.S. Yesterday, THC joked about going down to the courthouse to get hitched on 7/7/07. Had I not tried on these beautiful gowns yesterday, there is a 50/50 chance I might have taken him up on the offer.
2 comments:
I think you should get married in a kid-sized pink power ranger costume.
If only bloody mary's or mimosas had been included with the appointments! However, you may have ended up with a Bridesmart dress that way. MOH needs to bring the cooler next time:)
Post a Comment