It is always crazy to look at friends' old wedding photos to see just how frighteningly skinny they were on their wedding day. Is there some magical unwritten rule that you have to lose 15 to 20 pounds in order to get married?
When I ask people about it, everyone says, "Oh, I wasn't trying to lose the weight. It's just the stress of wedding planning." That means one of two things to me: (a) my friends are lying or (b) wedding planning really DOES suck!
That said, I am trying to get in better shape. I'm a pretty small person, so it's not so much about weight loss, but more about general toning and strengthening (MOH always makes fun of my scrawny little arms). But lately, my workout routine has involved (1) taking the long route back from the coffee bar at work and (2) hiding my car keys in inconvenient places around the house so I spend 20 minutes each day tearing through my house looking for them.
Anyway, about a week ago, I decided to join a gym. I haven't actually made it to said gym, but it's definitely been on my mind. And thinking about the gym is half the battle anyway, right?
Maybe I should do one of those weekly photos of my belly like my pregnant friends.. Each week, I'll stand against the same wall, wearing the same outfit, and you can judge if I'm getting more fit or not. Unlike my pregnant friends, hopefully my belly will not grow. But based on the giant CFA value meal I just ate, that is a distinct possibility.
No comments:
Post a Comment