Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Gettin' married in the school cafeteria

Yikes - been a while since my last post! Went home to Virginia for my dad's 66th surprise birthday party, and to meet with my FABULOUS wedding planners in Lexington. Do you ever have that moment when you first meet someone, and you just KNOW that you'll be best friends? I totally had this moment with my friend P-Bo, when I told him I liked his shoes, and then asked him if he would be my friend. Note: this did not occur when we were school-aged kids. This was like 6 years ago.

Anyway... I had this EXACT same reaction with my 2 planners, Sheila and Jean-Francois (yes, a FRENCHIE!!!). From the moment I met them, I knew that it was a match made in heaven.

We spent the day checking out possible wedding sites and talking to various university officials about alcohol issue.s At the end of the day, our options were pretty limited, and it seemed that my only realistic reception option was to get married in Evans Hall -- the school cafeteria. I was really bummed about this. To me, the only thing I remembered about Evans Hall is that is the place that me, Myatt, Mu-Galto, and C. Muir used to go to stalk undergrads.

Fortunately, the space is nicer than I remembered. My planners swore up and down that they could turn the space into something spectacular, and I suppose I have to believe them... I guess we'll all see next May!

Part II of Dress Shopping this weekend.... stay tuned.

2 comments:

mu-galto said...

I am so freakin' excited. I love the D-hall!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the mention. the genius of the whole thing is that larry muir probably ate at the d-hall today. and I came ridiculously close to reponding to that law school job email a week or two ago.