I, THC, wanted to check in very briefly for all of our readers because it’s been a while and this blog is so very awesome now that I can imagine some people have an empty hole in their day if it’s not updated. At any rate, we’ll get back to the Ugly Children issue when I have more time, because that needs to be explored in full. But for now, lets talk about some disappointments a little closer to home.
First, GHC has been bringing home “artwork” for the first time. When I pick her up from school, she’ll run up to me with her hands full of half sheets of paper and yell “Daddy, I made you some tiny GHCs.” Tiny GHCs are apparently faint little squiggles, mostly yellow and barely visible, devoid of any artistic merit. They look a little like the slime trail an earthworm might leave if it dried up and died on a canvas, and nothing like G herself, small or otherwise.
As art, they are awful. (And I should know. I lived in France.) By now, they number into the thousands and we’re running out of excuses not to put them on the refrigerator.
Second, in the DC airport crap gift shops, there are lots of cut outs and T-shirts of Obama and Romney. Ever since we spent a morning there last week, G has been talking about the fight between the two, and has decided the Mitt Romney is going to win. She says it over and over, and I think she just likes saying the words “Mitt Romney”, like Rumplestiltskin. (I don’t have the heart to tell her it’s really “Willard.”)
At first I thought her grandfather had politically indoctrinated her while I was away fishing, but then I remembered no one can understand him anyway, so probably not. I haven’t broken it to her that I’ve got more chance of pissing lemonade than Romney has of winning, or that since she pays no taxes, Mitt Romney hates her anyway, but should he win, I’ll hail her as a political genius and get her a show on Fox where she can run circles around Sarah Palin.
At first I thought her grandfather had politically indoctrinated her while I was away fishing, but then I remembered no one can understand him anyway, so probably not. I haven’t broken it to her that I’ve got more chance of pissing lemonade than Romney has of winning, or that since she pays no taxes, Mitt Romney hates her anyway, but should he win, I’ll hail her as a political genius and get her a show on Fox where she can run circles around Sarah Palin.
With a smirk like that, maybe he can co-host.
When Obama chokes him out, I’ll mock her mercilessly for months, you know, to teach her a life lesson about disappointment or something.


No comments:
Post a Comment