Friday, September 7, 2012

Defining Moments

The last few months have not been particulary great for me.  I've spent a lot of time throwing myself pity parties.  Of course, the twist of the dagger is thinking about all of the missed opportunities to notice what an amazing, hilarious, charismatic 2.5-year old I have (oh, and a pretty cool husband - except when he uses the kitchen towels as personal napkins).

I can't say I've fully snapped out of my funk, but I am definitely making a concerted effort to pay more attention to the small things.*  And sometime the small things turn into beautiful BIG things that embody all that you ever hope for when you have a little girl.

For example.... first day as a Rice cheerleader.
 
First ballet class.

So yeah, it's time to put down the glass of box-o-wine, shut off the re-run of Honey Boo Boo Child. and start noticing all the goodness that surrounds me - even if it is in the form of hysterical shrieking and running around in underwear.  And, by the way, I wasn't talking about GHC right there.

*the LWL recently tuned me into this blog, which of course, I can't stop reading.  I haven't decided if I absolutely love this girl or hate her.

1 comment:

Amy said...

that's right!! GHC is awesome!! life is looking up for the flower girl and MOH :-)