Still in the dark. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that we'd be without power this long, but oh well. Parts of town are starting to flicker on, including my office (boooooooooo). So, with the hotspots that do have power, most of us are able to get by just fine. I don't even want to think about what it's going to be like when the weather turns hot again.
The other plus is that people are all hanging out with nothing to do - most businesses are closed, so everyone's stress levels are surprisingly low. Most people spend the day cleaning up their yards/streets and then spend the early parts of the evenings hanging out and grilling out with neighbors. Last night we went to Booty's neighborhood and just sat in her cul-de-sac eating Flamin' Hot Funyons, drinking red wine and having a pogo stick competition. It was actually really nice just to sit there without a care in the world, except whether you could bet DT's record of 501 straight pogo jumps.
THC is off to Dallas for work, so that has given me a great excuse to move in with MOH, one of the lucky few with power. Even though it sounds pathetic, it's soooo nice to sit in a/c, plug into the internet and watch bad TV, like I Love Money. Also, conveniently, I am somewhere with TV in time for Project Runway tonight.
Phones still spotty, but texts and emails are coming through if you need to find me. I have lots of pictures to post soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment