Sunday, September 14, 2008

Still No Juice

Sunday 11am here and almost all of Houston is still without power. I never thought of myself as "high maintenance", but I'm starting to go a little insane as the day heats up and the humidity creeps into the house. Making matters worse, I have some flu-like symptoms. I had a fever of 101 degrees yesterday and have not held down a meal since Friday. All in all, this is pretty miserable.

THC is trying to keep me in good spirits. He is doing lots of work to clean up the limbs around the house and doing a good job of trying to take care of my pathetic self. I know I'm being melodramatic about everything, so hopefully I will snap out of it soon. Or the power comes back on.

Anyway, THC swears he is going into work tomorrow to, quote, "deal with all of the detrius." Central downtown is just about the only place with power, so THC's office may be crashed by a wife and 2 dogs.

If power doesn't come on by tomorrow, I may consider hitting the road to Austin. Wahhhhhh!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

still no juice where I am either. Paul's merman fence is an Ike casualty; I am going to check on the status of the rest of the place later today or tomorrow. Stay safe! CTyne