Monday, September 8, 2008

The Beer That Will Not Die


Open Ad to ANY Fans of Miller High Life:

Please come to our house for free beer. We have had a nearly full case of High Life since February 2008, when THC's genius friends decided to "man up" and buy some High Life for their fishing trip in Galveston. 24 cans went to Galveston and 22 cans came back.

We have tried on numerous occasions to get rid of this beer. I have thrown at least 12 beers in every cooler we have ever taken -- cookouts at people's houses, trips to the beach, Meatfest, etc.-- and we ALWAYS end up coming back with a f-ing cooler full of High Life! It is the beer that will not die. Sometimes I think it actually procreates - I swear, somehow, we have like 30 cans.

After coming home the other day, I told THC we just needed to empty the beer and recycle the cans. Which, of course, was total blasphemy to THC. But I can't bear the thought of looking at this horrible beer anymore in the fridge and in the pantry.

I have gone so far as to contemplate driving around with a cooler of cold High Lifes and distributing them to homeless dudes under the overpass. But I'm not sure if that is like a major social faux pas. Thoughts? I gotta at least get some points since it is the champagne of beers.

2 comments:

JB el JB said...

What the!?!?! I'm pretty sure that pouring out High Life would result in a 3-year probation from beer in general by some court of law.

Perhaps you should send it to Britnee.

Jenn said...

Doesn't MHL go with those pre-workout shakes?