Thursday, May 8, 2008

Silk Meets Seersucker

I was able to find my wedding gown within 2 shopping days. My mother, on the other hand, did not have so much luck finding something to wear for herself. Between the two of us, we spent weeks trying to find something appropriate for her to wear. It was like they took the wardrobe archives from "The Golden Girls" and stuck them out for re-sale in all the major department stores.

At the end of the day, there were a couple of "ehh" dresses. These were the dresses that didn't give me a knee-jerk reaction to giving her a handful of geritol & metamucil. But they also felt out of place in the context of the ridiculousness that will be the wedding.

One afternoon, we were visiting the dressmaker who is helping us with the traditional Korean Pyebaek wedding ceremony. And it dawned on us that it might be fun for her to wear a traditional Korean gown. After all, I'll be wearing one at some point in the evening (as will THC in a man-version, which will be high-larious). So, after about a minute's worth of discussion, we decided to go for it.

Anyway, here is a photo of a dress in the store that will be similar to hers (and mine). I think this will look perfect with any seersucker suits on hand. I just hope one of our guests from Texas will wear cowboy boots. Then we'll have the triumverate of clothing clash! I can't wait.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ahm... wedding dress in TWO shopping days?? you lie. Maybe if you mean that there are 48 hours in two days, and we had eight 6-hour long shopping days, then yes. Just needed to point that out :) Can't wait for the silk meets seersucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!