The other day, I found myself bitching about various details of the wedding...Why hasn't XYZ sent in their RSVP card? What do you think of this color ribbon? Can you believe what my mom said the other day? wah wah wah... as the words were coming out of my mouth, I started actually hearing what I was saying, and I was totally annoyed with myself!So, here begins the one-week challenge. I'm not going to talk about the wedding for the rest of the week. The only exceptions are to my planner, parents and THC. Also, I will talk about the wedding only in response to a question.
Good Sample conversation:
Friend: So... are you getting excited about the wedding???
NK: Yes.
[end of discussion]
BAD sample conversation:
Friend: So... are you getting excited about the wedding???
NK: Oh my god, can I tell you about the sh*tty thing that my flower vendor is trying to pull? They are totally trying to replace the peonies with camelias, and I'm like so not having it. Can you believe it??? Oh, and did I tell you about the shoes that I found for the rehearsal dinner? I'm actually trying to decided between these really cute brown wedges and some sandals I found at DSW. And speaking of brown, I am totally going to miss Harley. This will be the longest I've ever been separated from him. Well, there was this one time when I went home to DC for the holidays and then to Charleston, but that doesn't count...etc., etc., etc....
[10 minutes later w/ friend giving me deer in headlights look]
Anyway, let's see if I can last through Friday!!!
1 comment:
you can always talk to the MOH about the wedding!!!!
Post a Comment