I guess it is only appropriate that this happen before I get married, but I'm majorly depressed over my most recent break-up. My other man, P.Bo, just left town this morning to move to Miami for his new job.I have spent most of the last month bemoaning this move. I mean, what we had was special -- it was absolutely "best friend at first sight". Since the day we first met over my admiration for his Bruno Magli shoes seven years ago, we have been A.D.D. partners in crime. Friends like that come once in a lifetime, and the thought of him leaving me was totally devastating. Rather than mope about it (although there was definitely some of that), I promised myself that we would make the most of our last few weeks together.
My favorite farewell activity was the day he made me play hooky from work to (a) hang out at Target (b) talk about our workout schedules and then proceed to eat greasy burgers (c) shop at high end retail stores that we know we shouldn't be in (d) get drunk at 2pm on champagne and (e) come up with a list of "get rich quick" schemes like a waxing product for men with unsightly ear hair.
Sadly, our last "Sunday Funday Dinner" came and went last weekend. I cried; he told fart stories; THC kicked the dog. It was all so sad and surreal. I'm going to miss him - but on the bright side, I suppose this means I get more quality time with Tiny Tyne.
Anyway, here's a toast to my other man, P.Bo. You will be missed more than you know. Also, this is the last photo of P.Bo with Harley. Sorry for Harley's indecency. Luckily Harley isn't that well-endowed, so it's only like 10% indecent.
1 comment:
I was going to offer to go with you to Target during your grieving process, but it looks like y'all covered that already. There has to be something you can look forward to happening in the next few weeks to get you over this slump....
Post a Comment