Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Something in the Water....

Congrats on more back-to-back babies being born! Last Thursday and Friday, Baby Ryan and Baby James entered the world! Yay! I'm doing the backwards math here, and it looks like all of my friends were getting frisky around the same time. Was there something in the holiday water???

The other day I was visiting Mama V (next up to bat) and Emily. Despite what Mama V tells me, Emily totally gets it.

Me: Emily, who's going to sleep in the crib?
Emily: A brother or sister.
Me: Do you want a boy brother or a girl sister?
Emily: No.

I have couched the second question several different ways over the past few months, and she's always in her reply. I think she's taking THC's advice and knows the party's over in a few weeks!

Speaking of advice from THC, he is super excited that he was asked to be one of James's godfathers. He has already started a list of important life lessons he needs to impart on James. I think the list involves: beer, being shirtless, guns, sarcasm, pumping iron (or flexing in front of the mirror nonstop), and fishing. Sorry Beth.

3 comments:

GrammyHutchinson said...

Emily's response: succinct

Unknown said...

No problem..James will just turn around and teach your children all he learned from Heyward, Danny and Cooper. Pretty scary.

And tell Jen that Betsy also said she did not want a brother even though she did show some excitement towards the end. Now, she either ignores him or is in love. So far, so good!

Jenn said...

Emily just doesn't want to share THC's love with any brother or sister.