Monday, August 10, 2009

Crazy Asian Bride

This is just plain ridiculous.

Speaking of crazy Asians, I've decided to be a half-ass vegetarian for a while. A half-ass vegetarian is someone who tries her best to pick vegetarian options, but will not pass up an opportunity to eat Smashburger* if someone asks.

My choice has nothing to do with animal rights or cruelty. It's just something I'm exploring because I already don't eat poultry, and I think trying to cut out red meat wouldn't be too much of a stretch. And besides, it's not like I'm offering to give up queso, people!

I know I tried that whole Pescatarian thing a while ago - and failed miserably within 3 days. The problem with that approach is that it offered no flexibility. What are you supposed to do if someone invites you over for steak dinner? Say no and stay at home?! That's ridiculous and that's the beauty of being a half-ass. You can cheat, and it's not like you are compromising some major life philosophy or social proposition. As Judy likes to say, "I love mammals - they're delicious."

Oh, and one last half-ass thought -- remember the 30-Day Shred project. I'm on day 7. Unfortunately, I started about 30 days ago. So that means I'm under 30%. Awesome.

* If you haven't eaten a Smashburger across the street from the new HEB, you are missing out. Call me if you go - after all, I'm only a half-ass on this project.

No comments: