I have always assumed that being a mega b*tch was just something that made me endearing to others… well, apparently, my mega b*tchy mouth has gotten me a free pass straight to hell.
Let me lay out the story: the other night we were pre-partying for the the NKOTB concert. The whole bar was filled with NKOTB pre-party folks, so there were lots of ridiculous 30 and 40-somethings giggling and screaming about their love for Donnie, Jordan, Jon or Joey (sorry Danny).
I was waiting in the ridiculously long women’s bathroom line and this woman (wearing no fewer than 20 NKOTB buttons) was talking to anyone and everyone in line about how she was good friends with Donnie and that he was supposed to call her later to hang out. She offered anyone in the bathroom her cell phone # and she was offering to text anyone the after party location once Donnie had called her. I rolled my eyes. Yeah, sure, and Jordan was going to pull me up on stage that night to profess his undying love for me. Right.
Of course, me being the mega b*tch that I am reported this to the entire group of girls I was with… and we proceeded to collectively roll our eyes, as I b*tchily exclaimed, “What – Ever, Lady! Get a grip on reality!” Some of the girls gave me the “shhh” sign. She was sitting in a group of friends right behind me. Of course, being 4 firefly’s into the afternoon, I didn’t care.
Yesterday, Mama V sent me a link to the NKOTB website, where they blog about their grief and sadness over the death of one of their close friends and fans. UM, right, you know where this is going – of course, it turns out to the THE LADY I WAS MOCKING. And to remove any doubt that maybe it was someone else, they posted a photo of Donnie AT THE AFTER PARTY THAT NIGHT in Houston with this lady.
Lady – if there are blog in heaven, and you are able to read this, I’m very sorry. I’m a jerk.
On another note, I’m off to Charlotte this week for Dr. T’s wedding. Nothing says “contratulations” like a hammered bridesmaid giving a ridiculously long toast. I just hope I don’t turn the toast into an impromptu karaoke act.
2 comments:
PLANO SEZ: NOT VERY FRIENDLY!!
Don't feel too bad. We only met one new fan that day and it was her. How were we supposed to know she was serious? FYI, you should have given her your cell phone number. Time-space issue could have been fixed.
Post a Comment