Well, it's official! I have a husband. Weird. I just hope my other boyfriends don't get too freaked out by this technicality....So much to write about, but don't necessarily want to be stuck reminiscing about the wedding for months. A few initial highlights in list form (in the traditonal NK, or should I say NKC, fashion):
1) The ceremony. Who knew I would turn into such a bawling baby? And none of us thought to bring a hanky or kleenex. Before the ceremony even started, I had snot running down my nose and chin -- which of course led me to panic that in all of my wedding pictures, I'd be there with two gleaming streams of snot coming from my nose. Awesome. Big props to the Professor, who happened to have a napkin in his pocket and passed it down to me right before the snot ran down my dress.
2) The honeymooon. Yes, there was definitely a point when THC and I were being chased by an angry pack of dogs, while dodging cow/goat/sheep feces in the cobblestone streets. But other than that, it was great. More on that later.
3) My family. Ahhhh.. what an insane mess we are. But a lovable insane mess. There was the usual Korean screaming (which is normal manner for excited talking), inappropriate jokes being told by my dad to the minister, and bad driving skills exercised by all. But I wouldn't trade it in for anything, assuming there is plenty of scotch on hand.
4) The friends. You could take away all of the food, decor, dress, and flowers, and it would have still been a blast. Seeing all of my far-flung friends was bittersweet -- I miss everyone so much, it hurts. It is an indescribable happiness to see everyone I love in one place. It still brings tears to my eyes. And not to single people out, but ATM, if you are reading this - it was incredibly special to have you & Brooke there. Please give Field and AW a hug for letting me borrow you guys for the weekend.
OK - back to catching up with work. I'm technically still on vacation, so I feel justified blogging from work this afternoon.
4 comments:
Does this mean wedding photos are available? Please!
dude, check out that definition in your forearm. -MOH
I think the sentimentality was well balanced by seeing you drink a tall boy before the ceremony.
It was such an awesome weekend . . . well worth the near head-on collision with your dad on the way to dinner Friday night ... thanks so much for including me. Looking forward to more pictures!
Post a Comment