Thursday, September 30, 2010

Korean Grocery Store FAIL

Grandmama K was in town to babysit GHC while THC and I were partying it up in our thong bathing suits and rollerblades in Miami last weekend.

Of course, as is customary to kick off a Grandmama K weekend in Houston, we had to stop at the Korean grocery store to stock up on goodies, which, contrary to THC's grand tales, do not involve squid products.  While Grandmama K was busy scurrying through the aisles picking out produce, I immediately turned into aloof-teenage version of myself, and sat in a corner, bored out of my wits, texting anyone and everyone.  And, lo, in my boredom I stumbled upon this:
Seriously, people?  I mean, Asian toddlers understand the basics of quantum physics.  Yet, mastery of the English language still eludes us.  Really?  No one at the super-genius mega-company of Marukome has a snarky teenage kid that could have explained this double entendre.  Sigh...

Also found at the Korean grocery store, and less interesting than the Miso Easy soup mix, was the following:
Seriously?  Limited calorie packs of PRUNES?  Oh, I get the genius of the 100-calorie packs.  They were designed for people like me.  Once I pop, I just can't stop!  But really, if you're "snacking" on prunes, my guess is you aren't in a place where you really need that extra kick to prevent yourself from some sort of mega-prune-binge-fest.

In other news, GHC turned 6 months today.  Geez.  We've made it half a year.  Just a few thousand dollars poorer.  A shade crazier.  And a hell of a lot happier.

No comments: