Tuesday, September 7, 2010

5 Months

DANG, am I having a bad day.  I'm on the recovery side of a 3-hour shriek-a-thon.  Apparently, GHC's acid reflux is creeping back into action.  The doctor said this might happen - that she'd either outgrow the reflux or that she'd outgrow the medical dosage she's currently on.  Obviously, I was really hoping for the former, but of course, we're not that lucky.

Tonight's scream-fest brought back some very raw, real emotions from her newborn days.  It was so bad, I even went to my bathroom drawer after she finally fell asleep to check my birth control pill supply - to be sure that I hadn't missed a day.  Because this sh*t show definitely does not need an encore performance anytime soon.

I'm just exhausted.  I'm tired from 5 months of caring for an infant.  I'm tired of medicating her no fewer than 3 times a day and getting to know the Walgreen's pharmacist on a first name basis.  I'm tired of cleaning barf off the baby, myself, and furniture.  I'm tired of shopping all over the greater Houston region to stockpile the ONLY type of formula that GHC can handle well, but has now been discontinued.  I'm tired of 4am feedings.  I'm tired of being behind at work.  I'm tired of missing out on fun social activities.  I'm tired of having bad hair and still not fitting into all of my pre-pregnancy clothes.  I'm tired from missing my Mom.  I'm tired of being a jerk to THC.  I'm just tired.

OK - the pity party is officially over.  I just needed to get it off my chest.

Complaining aside, things are chugging along.  She's getting pretty big.  Really - I hadn't noticed how big she had grown until I saw myself in the mirror holding her in the Baby Bjorn.  She's almost half my size!  (Ignore the completely disheveled hair 'do and pay no attention to the empty wine glass by the sink.  Yeah - because I NEVER chug the rest of my wine at night before brushing my teeth.... sigh.)
The other big news is that she's rolling over.  Both ways.  She figured out how to do this in one day, and now she's a rolling machine.  Although I guess this is all fun and interesting, it's actually kind of horrifying to me because now we have to keep her play things on the floor (and not on the couch), where she is surely rolling in a bevy of dog hair, dirt, remnants of Harley's dingle-berries, and THC's turkey-whatever scraps (note:  I swear, we vacuum all the time, but we still manage to fill the Dyson every other day).
This photo was taken about 3 seconds before she puked all over this very blanket.   Spectacular.

1 comment:

Amy said...

hang in there. i misss youuuuuuu!!!!! and I just have to say that at least you are brushing your teeth before bed. that's something.