Monday, October 4, 2010

6 Months

Time is a funny thing these days.  On the one hand, it totally blows my mind that THC and I have a 6-month old child.  Exactly a year ago today, I was slowly creeping out of the closet (and shell shock) and telling people I was pregnant.  At this point last year, GHC was just a little white spot on a fuzzy black and white screen.  Last year, she was just a quite little  Goo....  Wow, has time flown.

BUT THEN AGAIN....

THC aptly noted that she's 180 days old.  For whatever reason, that doesn't seem very long to me.  It feels like GHC has been here FOREVER.... and that the days of her newborn-dom (i.e. sheer and utter hell) were a long lifetime ago.  So, in some regards, time has really dragged on.
GHC Post-shots 6 months
GHC post-shots 2 months
I look back at the photos from the first few months, and I still have a hard time seeing how little she was and how much she needed me for just about every basic function of her life.  So, the little things, the milestones, that come with being 6 months old are just remarkable to me.

She's sitting up (well, for about 1 minute at a time).  Contrast that to the days of having to hold her head and neck at all times.

She's eating solid food.  Compare that to when we fed her 2 ounces of milk at a time.

She's riding in her stroller.  Think back to the days of having her snuggled up in the Moby Wrap.

She's laughing.  Remember the days of the all-day cry fests.

Once she's older, I am sure I will long for the days of holding her as a baby (ahem, of course NOT enough to consider having a 2nd kid, TEEE-RUST ME).  But for now, I'm not gonna lie, 6 months is turning out to be pretty nice.  For once, I'm starting to believe the light at the end of the tunnel isn't an oncoming train.

And now, the photos.

Sitting up!  Not the most interesting photo, but I was by myself and had to prove to the grandparents that she was doing it!
Smiles during tummy time!  We have come a long way from the days of tummy time being the equivalent of watching a dying fish flop around outside water.
Swim class.  I like that the instructor's shirt says she is O-Fish-L Staff.  They are hardcore.
Learning to float on her back.  Luckily, she has plenty of fat reserves to help with the buoyancy.
Gratuitous Harley & Emma shot.  The weather.... FINALLY someone has thrown me a bone.
BFF's partying on a Friday night.  Staying up late (7:30 pm) to talk about all things girly - like who took the bigger crap that day, adventures in puking on mommy, and the art of crying in the middle of the night just for fun.  You know, all the important stuff at that age.
Guess who does NOT like pears?!

2 comments:

Jenn said...

She really has come a long way. So have y'all. We're proud of you.

There's no need to talk about who took a bigger crap. We always know that answer.

aposeym said...

love the tummy time picture!