Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Sh*t My Husband Eats

So, I noticed that the top of the NYT Best Sellers for non-fiction this week was a book called "Sh*t My Dad Says."  Hmmm...  best seller?  I need to give some serious thought to tapping into the non-fiction market with my own book: "Shi*t My Husband Eats."

Tonight's example:
For those of you having a hard time figuring out what we have here, it's a sandwich made out of 4 turkey hot dogs, turkey bacon, and cheese (and extra thin sliced bun, since he's carb conscious, but not conscious enough for beer to count).  I'm not totally sure I get what turkey bacon adds to a turkey hot dog sandwich, but who am I to understand THC's palate.

Other THC specialties (these are real, I swear):

  • Imitation crab, refried beans, sliced deli turkey on a tortilla
  • Omelet with imitation bacon bits and pizza sauce
  • Kroger brand (because paying 54 cents for name-brand pudding would be outrageous) "Flan-flavored" sugar-free pudding
THC also has some interesting rules for his diet:  no mammals (under the theory "they don't eat me, so I don't eat them") and the sole exception to his rules being BBQ ribs.  Ribs?  Really?  I mean, I can see a vegetarian making an occasional exception for a lasagna with a little ground beef sprinkled in or something equally subtle.  But RIBS?  Meat on the bone?  You can't get any MORE meat-atarian than that!

Ohhh, the THC.... father of my child... sigh... 

5 comments:

J U S T S O M E G UY said...

He so stole that from my play book. Ribs are my exception!

mu-galto said...

Um, no Riblets are your exception. Remember when NKC actually fell for that? Awesome.

KK said...

Will you take guest chapters in your book? I have to witness the after Thanksgiving sandwich in which EVERYthing that was served in the original meal gets mixed together and slathered on an entire loaf of french bread, stuffed in the oven, covered with gravy and then eaten.

Jenn said...

I think I threw up a little in my mouth. I take it he didn't like chicken spaghetti?:)

Amy said...

I request a guest blog from THC on "Sh*t my wife eats" ;-)