Most notably, GHC made it on her first flight last week. For all of the stressing and cursing the day/night before the flight**, the trip was a complete non-event. We had prepared ourselves for the worst (3 straight hours of crying in an enclosed space), and GHC proved us wrong by sleeping almost the whole time. Of course, there was a 16-month old 3 rows ahead of us to take care of the 3-hour shriek-fest. I was totally like "Hey everyone, look a my baby - you know, the super cute one that is NOT crying."
So, you ask, where did we travel to? Well, we're here with my parents for the next 3.5 weeks. They were dying to help, and I was feeling pretty overwhelmed. The math just worked.
GHC and I have been here now for about 5 days. In this time, I've caught up on sleep, exercised (YES DAMNIT I am going to fit in my old clothes by the time I get back to work), and caught up on most of my TV shows (OMG Kelly from the Real Housewives is NUTZO!!!).
And as for GHC, she is really thriving. She is sleeping for 6-hour stretches at night; her reflux seems to have improved; and she is generally just a happy, smiley camper. Oh, and she has a new thing: SMILES. Not just the kind of "I'm thinking about taking a dump" smiles. Really big, gummy grins! I love them. Although I have noted that she smiles much more for her grandparents than for me. The girl has totally figured out where her bread is buttered.
Hugging Dad good-bye. Don't be fooled. THC is totally dreading 3 and a half weeks of uninterrupted sleep.
This is what happens when you move in with the grandparents, who live on a golf-course and wear golf visors and velour jumpsuits all day. You have to dress the part.
Battle wounds from her 2-month vaccines. 3 shots in the thighs. I cried more than GHC did.
**In a separate entry, I will blog about our pre-flight trip to the ER. Everyone is fine. Just maybe embarrassed that I've turned into "that parent" -- the totally obvious hypochondriac rookie parent with really good health insurance.
2 comments:
I'm pretty sure I am seeing some thigh rolls. Woohoo!
It sounds like you and your parents should take turns calling THC in the middle of the night to say "hi". :) Tell Gracie to watch out for errant golf balls while she's sunning in the back yard (and you're inside watching tv)!
Post a Comment