Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Nothing Says Happy Holidays Like a Dead Squirrel

The 4-day Xmas weekend started with the following email (THC had to work the late shift on Xmas eve eve):

From: THC
Sent: Wednesday, December 23, 2009 9:01 PM
To: NKC
Subject: In other news...

Harley killed a squirrel today. I SAW him do it. I was in the bedroom and I hear him go out dog door and then slam into the back fence, harder than usual. When I looked out, he had one down on the ground, shaking it like a Polaroid picture. Then he stood there and looked real stupid. It was dead by the time I got to it. Harley seemed confused and pleased at the same time. He celebrated by coughing a lot and giving himself a vigorous and extensive BJ. So I’m glad I took off work for that.

Also, I have pictures.

A man, his dog, and some dead squirrel legs.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm sorry, does BJ mean the same thing for dogs as it does for people? I am baffled by Harley's method of self-appreciation!