Thursday, June 25, 2009

I'm Embarrassed to Admit

I love that Jamie Foxx song - "Blame it on the Alcohol." There I said it.

But other than the catchy part where he blames it on the ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-ah-lcohol, I had no idea what the lyrics were. Unlike Mu-Galto, who would just choose to make up her own imaginary lyrics, I actually looked them up.

Blame it on the goose, gotcha feeling loose
Blame it on the 'tron, gotcha panties off
Blame it on the ah-ah-ah-alcohol, blame it on the ah-ah ah-ah ah-al-co-hol
Blame it on the vodka, blame it on the henny
Blame it on the blue tap got you feeling dizzy
Blame it on the ah-ah-ah-alcohol, blame it on the ah-ah ah-ah ah-al-co-hol

She said she usually don't (don't don't), but i know that she front (front front)
'cause shawty know what she want, but she don't wanna seem like she's easy
I ain't saying what you wanna do, but you know we probly gon' do what you been feelin deep in si-ah-ah-ide, girl let it out now
Know what you drinkin, go on let it sink in,
Here for the weekend, thinkin, we can see where we can be if we press fast forward
Just one more round if your down i'm for it
Fill another cup up, feelin on your but what
You don't even care now, i was unaware of how fine you was
before my buzz set in, my buzz set in

Huh? I read that like 10 times, and I still can't figure out what any of it means. What's a 'tron, and why does it make your panties come off? And how on earth does this guy think he can score with a girl by telling her, "I didn't really think you were hot until I was drunk."

Didn't this guy win an Oscar?

Oh well, I still like it. It ain't "Apple Bottom Jeans", but it's a decent summer '09 replacement.

3 comments:

JRK said...

Seriously? 'Tron = PETRON. TEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEQUILAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

Anonymous said...

Henny=Hennessey

mu-galto said...

Sometimes, it is better to just make up your own lyrics.