Friday, June 19, 2009

S. Korea - Part 1: One of These Things is Not Like the Other

I'm back from the motha' land. It was a terrific trip - a perfect mix of outdoor activity, shopping, sightseeing, shopping, interesting food, shopping, and family.

THC swears he had fun, too, but I can't tell if he's feeding me a bunch of BS out of fear that my relatives would take great insult and bust out some serious ninja action on him.

Needless to say, there were not too many tall, blonde white guys in Korea. Especially in some of the remote regions where we traveled. But THC did a great job acclimating himself to the culture, people and, most importantly, the food. Now for a few photos of the great white hype and my kinsmen.

My parents & the K-C's. THC could dunk all over my dad.

Hanging out with a bunch of really old people - and I'm not saying that to be mean. They were really old! My dad is the youngest of 7 children, and he's almost 70. FYI - THC was so much taller than everyone else that they made him sit in a chair in the front row.

THC hanging with the boys. E.g. THC, the fishing guide, my cousin, and my cousin's henchman, I mean, driver. Note, they are enjoying sashimi. And they went fishing earlier that day. Do the math. Gross. THC has an iron stomach.

Us with some Korean school children. I SWEAR the little girl in the upper right hand corner looks EXACTLY like me when I was that age. Lady-like sitting position and all.

Also, happy belated birthday, PBo. As your elder, let me give you some birthday advice - two words: back waxing. Tee hee... That is preemptive retribution for 1) you forgetting my birthday next month and 2) always forgetting how old I am. I'm a jerk.

More fun pictures to come later... there are too many for one post.

1 comment:

Amy said...

more stories pleeeze! i miss you :(((((