Some of my favorite signs/objects from S. Korea

THC's dream restaurant - combining two of his favorite things.

THC's nightmare restaurant.

Almost all restrooms in Korea are equipped with these little machine that look like a doorbell. At first, I couldn't figure out what these little things were - most of them had instructions in Korean. I just assumed they were rescue buttons for the elderly - of the "I've fallen and I can't get up" variety. This one explained what it was - a button that make noise if you are, ahem, going #2. Of course, I had to push the button to hear what it sounded like. It was the most loud, ridiculous, artificial sounding thing you can imagine. And it went on for like a full minute. I'm in the stall with this ridiculous sound going off, so I hurry up and get out of there, but by then the damage is done. I walk out bright red, and everyone in the restroom is staring at me, making note to avoid the stall where I had just come from. Nice.

Because sweat sounds delicious to me.

This is just plain scary. I think you could have conveyed the message without the freaky skeletons (esp the fetus skeleton - who despite its undeveloped brain is somehow able to speak Korean via cartoon speaking bubble).
No comments:
Post a Comment