Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Tomatoes

Having left THC to his own devices for the last 6 months, I guess THC has spent a little time watching infomercials late at night. In my absence, he became increasingly obssessed with the Topsy Turvy Tomato Planter.

This is what it is supposed to look like.
Unfortunately, the Topsy Turvy comes with a hefty $19.99 price tag (ahem, it is also buy one get one free), so THC decided "stick it to the Man" and figure out how to make his own upside down tomato planter.

There are a few problems with this scenario:

1) Neither of us has the ingenuity to figure out how to construct an upside down planter from scratch. We can't even put together an Ikea bookcase without approaching the brink of divorce.
2) I don't recall either one of us ever keeping a plant alive for more than 3 weeks - ever.
3) Our backyard gets very little sunlight.

Much to my pleasant surprise, THC figured out a clever way to rig the planter. Score 1 THC. But the sunlight thing was another problem. We get patches of sunlight in our backyard, but it constantly moves. So, THC started obsessively moving the planter every 3 hours. Even then it wasn't enough light. Needless to say, I wasn't much interested in staying in on a Saturday to watch him move the f-ing tomato planter around all day, so I left to run errands. When I came home in the early evening, this is what I find:


I am not sure which is worse. The fact that he has moved my bedside lamp outside to sun his f-ing tomatoes. Or the ghetto plastic shoe tree on the ground, which he is using as a protective guard from doggie traffic near his beloved plant.

This photo was probably taken about a month ago. Anyone want to guess how many tomatoes we have?

I am going to be in BIG trouble for this post... hee hee... THC, you know I love you, right? Sweetie? Sugar Pie? Hello?? ...

6 comments:

Jimmy said...

Thank God you are back. I was about to give up on you. I was actually starting to get pissed every time I clicked on your blog and saw the before and after dog grooming shots.

aposeym said...

Holy shit. You are back. Thank god. You were missed.

KK said...

Ha ha ha ha ha... I bet you are making pasta with your homegrown tomato sauce every night!

Good to have you back!

JRK said...

I have to admit that I thought THC must have been spending a lot of time in the gym because he was looking so buff in the dark next to his tomatoes. Does Korea know that it's in for a lot of shirtless Great White Hype sightings???

mu-galto said...

Dude, I watched him move those tomato plants around when we visited over two months ago....it was AWESOME.

Teshia said...

OMG you are f-ing hilarious. Way to make me look stupid in my office laughing out loud to my computer screen...