Monday, December 29, 2008

Work Purgatory

Working between Christmas and New Year's never works out the way that you plan it to. You know the office is going to be quiet, and you convince yourself that with all the peace and quiet you'll accomplish that long list of backed up stuff on your to-do list.

I had about 40 things on my work to-do list - and I was realistically hoping to accomplish about 1/4 of them. I have accomplished NONE of them, and tomorrow I'm leaving the office at lunch to start the rare revelry of a Rice trip to a bowl game.

Here are things that I DID manage to accomplish during this work week purgatory:

1) buy 3 pairs of shoes and new handbag online (i can't help myself - retailers are practically giving this stuff away)
2) send belated wedding gifts
3) research pricing for Guitar Hero World Edition - I totally agree with Mu-Galto. It is totally addicting. And it involves karaoke. Need I say more?
4) exercise for the first time in 6 months.
5) complain about being sore from activity #4
6) blog at work

All in all, a very productive work week. It's a good thing it is almost over. Note, it is only Monday.

And in order to avoid 2 dreadful posts in a row without photos, here is a cheery picture of my little Harley at Camp Canine during Christmas.

2 comments:

aposeym said...

We got Rock Band for christmas and love it. I suck at drums though. bummer. On a different note i heard of another game that made me think of you: Singstar. Not made for the Wii yet, but certainly only a matter of time. I hear it is a blast.

mu-galto said...

It really is addicting. And I can't even look at the online sales because I have already bought so much. My new Delman leather high boots just got to my office.