Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Postive Thinking

I know, I know... I've been totally delinquent. But this fall has been crazy busy. After about 3 straight months of bitching about how stressed out I was and the insane amount of work I had to do, I decided to take Tiny Tyne's advice and began a program of "positive thinking."

Example: Boss tells you and lazy co-worker to work on a project. Instead of thinking, "Wow, why the F do I always get stuck working with that worthless piece of crap?", I should now think, "What a great opportunity to assume a leadership role on this deal. Maybe my boss will notice!"

The idea behind this is a lot like The Secret. Not that I buy into that crap - I mean, seriously? Positive thinking ain't gonna get that cellulite off your ass, lady. How about I postive think my way into getting my 401(k) back? Or I postive think THC into letting me buy a new Linea Pelle handbag?

But I digress - the point is, I figured a little positivity in my life couldn't hurt. I mean, things had gotten so out of hand, that I couldn't summarize a simple transaction at work without using the F-Bomb at least 3 times each sentence (it's easier than you think to developer a habit of talking like a sailor). So, at the beginning of November, I set a goal to make it through the rest of 2008 with this plan.

The results in the 3 weeks since starting this plan have been surprisingly good. I have gotten some pretty good pats on the back at work, gotten lucky on some of my football bets, AND, last but not least, got to enjoy a fabulous trip to Paris for Thanksgiving.

So, all in all, life's been good for the time I've been missing here! Based on the workday I just had, I'm not 100% sure I will make it the rest of 2008, but I'll try. On a positive note for today, Rice accepted its bowl bid to the Texas Bowl! Yeah!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear your postive thinking efforts are helping. I hope to see more Paris pictures (in person) soon.
CT