Don't get me wrong. I like kids. I like looking at their blogs; I like watching them drool; and I like commenting about how "petite" they may be.
I just don't want them at my wedding.
(picture of me and Sgt. BM's baby, a baby I like)In light of this request, I had assumed that I was going to forego having a flower girl and ring bearer. It didn't seem fair to allow some people to bring kids and not others. And it hardly seemed reasonable to ask someone's kid to be in the wedding and then disinvite them to dinner.
I was on the phone with Mom-zilla the other day talking about invitations and guest lists, and she casually mentioned that she wanted to invite the son of one of our close family friends. Not a big deal, I pretty much grew up with this guy, so it wasn't such a weird request. Then, she casually mentioned that she had decided that this guy's daughter should be our flower girl and that she had already accepted.
WTF?!
So, now it appears I'm stuck with having kids at the wedding. Sgt. BM was right -- you can tell people "no" and they'll still do whatever they want... (sigh).
Here is a picture of Baby J, another baby I like. Her mom is not a Mom-zilla. At least, not to my knowledge.
2 comments:
I am so not a mom-zilla, and baby J, as cute as she is will most likely not attend the wedding even if she is invited.
I mean I am a BM, so I understand my duties to be (1) get drunk (2) make sure no one secretly cuts your hair (3) not upstage you when you do your best "Korean Britney" and (4) get drunk. I do not see how I can accomplish these things with a baby in tow.
I second that BM. Okay, that sounded funny. Emily will not be present at the Nancy Carter wedding. Secretly, I did do a little sigh of relief because the new flower girl means Harley is out:)
Post a Comment