1) Yes, I said station wagaon.
2) No, I'm not pregnant.
3) No, it does not have a third row of seats that faces backwards.
As an engagement gift, my dad gave me his old Lexus. It's a really nice car, but when I got it, there were a few problems that cropped up.
1) It's huge. It's much bigger than my old 4Runner and barely fits into my garage.
2) The dogs hate the leather seats. They slide around all over the car and then dig their claws into the leather to hold tight.
3) I looke like a "Korean Mafia Princess" driving around town. Some of my co-workers aptly noted that it DOES look like I'm driving my mother's car.
So, the other day, I stopped at carmax to get an appraisal on the 4Runner. While I was there (just for kicks), I asked them to appraise the Lexus. They gave me pretty good quotes on both cars, and then they threw in the kicker: I could avoid sales tax on both cars (over $2000) by making the transaction a trade-in.
... enter the station wagon.
It was pretty much love at first sight. Here is a picture of the wagon below -- mine won't be nearly this cool (I'm getting an older model), but you get the gist of how awesome the wagon can be. It's awesome -- it has the room of an SUV (for the dogs, NOT for future kids), but it drives like a car. Perfect. Don't hate, everyone will be running out to get wagons soon....
3 comments:
As long as it isn't a minivan we're cool.
please, please, please don't do this. not only does it look like a hearse, but you will be in a league with thse people (it's not just a car ... it's a lifestyle!):
http://www.aswoa.com/
http://www.stationwagonforums.com/forums/
http://girlsgonechild.blogspot.com/2006/02/just-because-i-drive-station-wagon.html
I second the 'don't-get-a-wagon' vote, only because now I'll have to listen to Paul talk about how he's started yet another trend -- station wagons.
Post a Comment