Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Big Sis

Of all the things I love about you, the fact that you are a loving big sister is right at the top.   I think it's because Brother gives you so little reason to love him.   He's a little shit, and most of his destructive energy is directed at you.    Just yesterday, right before you walked out the door, he crumpled your Turkey collage school project "cause I did it."    And worse, he's cute, which diverts the easily distracted from your overall general brilliance.     Cousins and grand parents and aunties flock to his fat cheeks, charming gibberish, and goofy dances and manage to miss out on your quiet beauty.  

     Case in point: We've got a ton of Korean family in town for Thanksgiving.   There's so many I quit counting (I estimate 8 to 12.)    This necessitated you sleeping on an air mattress in T4's room.     I saw this as an invitation for disaster, but here's how I found you when I woke up this morning.  




That's you reading Brother the Incredibles book at 7am.   He was completely transfixed.   He knows you love him and always will.    That realization is so deeply imprinted on him that I think he uses the knowledge to allow himself to do all the shitty things he's so fond of.  

No comments: