So my mother-in-law, who is exactly like my wife, except that she cooks and respects me, was in town the other day and made me a delicious salad. Being the exceptional human that she is, she also brought out some salad dressing. This delicious Raspberry Walnut Vinagrette salad dressing.
Yes, that does say JULY 26, 2007
So, yeah. And I can assure you it's been in the fridge, open, all that time. I don't like Raspberry Walnut whatever dressing, but it's half full, so I guess I figured someone would eat it. I feel like I knew it was old, but not that old, and I guess I've been feeling that way for about 6 years now.
Things that are younger than this salad dressing:
1.) Obama's presidency- both of them
2.) My daughter
3.) My marriage
Further, it survived at least one prior refridgerator, and Hurricane Rita, which knocked out power to our house for 10 days. And I can think of several people who have put it on salads over the last few months, including my mother. She behaved strangley the next day.

1 comment:
a special irony that is expired on someone's 30th birthday...
Post a Comment