Sunday, August 26, 2012

For whatever reason, NKC quit blogging.     So I, THC, will assume some of the duties, which is a huge bonus for you readers, as I was an English major and am highly literate.    Mostly though, I want to keep this up so that G will have a record of her life and her parent's life trying to raise her, for better or worse.    So if you're reading this G, or relating passages of it to your shrink, welcome to the party.    And apparently, you are supposed to use initials to deter pedophiles.   That's what that's about.
        Let's catch up from the last entry in May.     Firstly, and most importantly, I am still awesome.   Probably even more awesome than you remember if we haven't seen each other in a while.     Secondly, NKC and I are still married, despite the long odds against that.  And thirdly, we are terrible parents.   And by we, I mean mostly NKC because I have very little to do with it beyond taking Gracie to school and getting her all sugared up before wandering off.    To be fair, Nancy is a great mother, but she gets a lot of points off up front for having married and procreated with me.     I don't know what she was thinking.    At any rate, I find that I have taken the same approach to relating to my own kid that I had to dealing with other peoples kids when I was single- getting them all riled up and let them go bananas, then quietly slipping away when they get hurt and start crying.    That or filling their heads with awesome, yet inappropriate, ideas.       For example, me and a Vaughan girl are still looking for some seed money for our joint business venture, a booger restaurant.    A booger restaurant that has a booger cannon that blasts boogers out on diners at booger thirty o'clock.   Like I said, I'm a terrible parent.  
        That said, GHC seems to be turning into a great little kid.     As I have very little to do with it, this is fascinating to watch.     GHC is potty trained, which is sweet.     It's so much less disgusting to pour a bucket of piss and floating nuggets into the toilet than it is to dispose of a steaming diaper.    And she's not shy about singing out when she has to go poo, which cracks me up every time she does it in public place, like dairy isle of the grocery store.    Also, because I can't be bothered to learn any of her classmates names, she genuinely believes that the proper term for a kid under 8 years old is "Nerd-linger" and is not shy about referring to her classmates as such in front of their parents.   It's incredibly liberating living in a town where you could care less about anyone or anything.  
       We got back last week from a vacation to home.    Vacations with my family are more stressful than a work week, because NKC mostly has to take care of G while they interact with her the best way they can with a 2 year old.    But mostly, that was a lead-in to some pictures which is the only reason people read these blogs.    Frankly, I'm surprised you made it this far.      Here's one where we hiked to a waterfall where we discussed living in a cave and my messianic delusions.




This shitshow is the extended family trying to recreate the Clampetts leaving Kentucky.     The explanation of why that Jeep exists and why the steering wheel is on the wrong side is too ridiculous to get in to.




Finally, an actual picture of G.    Here she is feeding her cousin like a zoo animal.     As long as cousin G recognizes her role in the relationship, they're going to get along fine.  


I'll try to write fairly often.   Thanks for checking in.      Ta.

No comments: