Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Busy Bee

Halloween was total cuteness overload.  I'm generally not one to get all soft and fuzzy on kids stuff, but this was (as the young 'uns have recently taught me to say) totally off the chain.  I have previously viewed Halloween as nothing more than (a) an excuse for girls to dress up like sluts (b) an excuse for me to wear a ninja costume or (c) an excuse to dress up your dogs in ridiculous costumes.

But this Halloween was just so awesome because it was the first time I could experience pure bliss through the eyes of my kid.  It was so hilarious watching the gears in GHC's brain shift as we hit the first house - "Wait, this sh*t is free?  All I have to do is hold out this bucket like that dude on the corner of 59 and Kirby?"

Of course, the awesomeness of the evening was also attributable to the fact that I had 3 slices of pizza, 4 Reese's peanut butter cups (OK, I lie, I ate 6), and half a bottle of wine.  [Side note:  Since WHEN did it become common practice for parents to be drinking while taking their kids out?  I mean, I was all worried about being judged by other parents, but when I stopped to look around, everyone else had roadies, too.  Were our parents alcoholics like this when we were kids???  Actually, if memory serves correctly, my parents weren't even there - they let me out trick or treating alone with my friends by like age 5.  Nice.  Those were the good old days.]

Also, what is up with all the costumes with built-in muscles???  Needless to say, THC made some totally predictable comment like:  I bet the costume makers modeled that suit off of me.  Is this guy for real???
At some point in the evening, she was triple-fisting candy.
The Halloween crew is getting bigger every year.  Favorite costume of the night hands down was Baby Finn as Animal.   
Ain't too proud to beg!
These girls crack me up.  One of these days they are going to stop pretending the other one doesn't exist.  Maybe that day will come when V3 arrives.  Marcia, Marcia, Marcia!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just wait until she "gets" Christmas/Santa. So much fun! And no, you are not alone with roadies. Halloween was the perfect excuse to drink on a Monday night. And I say excuse bc we do it any normal Monday. :) Last year JB was busted by the cops with open container. The cop was really nice about it and only made him throw it out. Cop said that he could not let JB walk around with beer when the bum around the corner is forced to pour his beer out, too. Fair enough! This year we took a few "pit stops" at houses.