Friday, August 12, 2011

Negotiating a New Car

So, my car has decided to piss out on me.  I've poured enough money into this car, only to have to turn around and need more repairs/money.  It's time for a new car.

As you can imagine, negotiating a new car with THC has been... shall I say... interesting.

THC drives an old Honda Civic stick shift and only turns on the a/c for "special occassions" (e.g. when I am in the car bitching about how insane he is).

Me, on the other hand, let's just say I've spent more than a few hours hanging out at the Mercedes Benz dealership.

If any of you have ever been curious to know how a successful married couple tackles big financial decisions, take note to some excerpts from our email discussions today (these are real - I swear):

NKC:  So, I think in the mid-size luxury class, my top 2 choices would be the Acura MDX or the Lexus 350.
THC:  And while we are on the subject of ridiculous wastes of money, my top two choices for surgury [sic] to give me super powers would be A.) mindbullets and B. the ability to pee lemonade. 

THC:  Did you check out the Mazda?
NKC:  I had a Mazda in high school.  Worst car ever.
THC:  I'm not sure we should be judging an entire car company by the performance of an teenaged Asian female driver 18 years ago.  

THC (comparing me to one of his thugs at work):  It's the raise the bar ploy I get (and use) down here.     It's like when I offer someone 40 years (a Lexus), he won't think 20 (a Toyota) is so bad.    The problem is sorting out what's a good deal over all- maybe the case is only worth 15 overall.  

NKC (balking at THC's suggestion to research smaller SUVs):  Quote from "Run This Town" by Jay-Z:  What you think I rap for, to push a f*cking RAV 4?

And these emails have just been in the last hour.  I can't wait to continue this discussion at home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

How'd this go?

Anonymous said...

This is hilarious because it's all real. THC should be a comic book character.

Angie said...

I love this!! And totally taking credit for the last comment!