2011 will mark the first year since I graduated college that I haven't had a wedding to attend. I've been feeling a little bummed about it because, I know most of you know this already, I am a TOTAL wedding junkie.
Everyone says, "Oh, your wedding is the greatest day of your life... until, you have your first baby. And then the brith of your baby will be the greatest day of your life."
WRONG.
No offense, and I love GHC and all, but GHC's birth date was decidedly NOT the most awesome day of my life. It was stressful, gross, and painful. And yes, this is a weird thing to remember about that day, but I also remember being super HUNGRY and not being allowed to eat. Hungry NKC = you'd betta' run and hide for cover.
But my wedding day... ahhh... the best day ever. I was surrounded by people who love me. I was told all day that I looked beautiful. I was skinny. I had llama-like eyelashes. There was booze flowing. There was karaoke and "Apple Bottom Jeans". It was all about me (and partially also about that guy I married). The day in a word: glorious.
So, the newspaper announced today that Anthropologie's first bridal boutique is opening here in town. Take a minute to click on the link. Gasp at the dresses. The details. Oh - it is just heavenly. I am frothing at the mouth to go there as a fake bride to be just to try on the dresses. Is that wrong??? Then there is like the 1% part of me that would consider divorcing THC, only to have the ability to remarry him and wear a new gown. I told you, I'm insane, right?

4 comments:
I've been stalking the Anthro bridal site for weeks now and have been secretly scheming to get some kind of vow renewal event sometime in the near future so I can wear one of them. Give me some time to pop out this baby and drop the el-bees and I'll go with you to try on the dresses! We'll go get fake lashes beforehand. And, fye, your wedding day was glorious. Especially your dress, Apple Bottom Jeans, and the late night sliders.
Judy - we can get our eyelashes done at "Ten Pretty Nail" per your mom's suggestion.
my one regret looking back was that i didn't have a 'reception dress' so i could have shopped for 2 dresses instead of a measely one!
Your wedding was amazing! As for keeping the wedding streak alive, do you want me to send you an invite to Christine's wedding? :)
Post a Comment