Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Three Weeks to Go...

(this photo is inserted for the sole purpose of avoid breaking my 3 posts without Harley rule -- nothing special in this photo, except to show off how insane his hair has gotten lately)

I've reached the point of my pregnancy where time stands still. The days go by so... painfully... slowly.... Another day of sobriety. Another day of nothing to wear. Another day of avoiding to learn what a placenta is.

Based on the latest doc appointment, little GHC is actually not-so-little. The ultrasounds shows she is already 6.5 lbs. at less than 37 weeks. If I make it to my due date, they think she will be 8+ lbs. WHAT???? Yeah, that made me re-think the stop at Whataburger after my appointment. (note, I said, re-think. not avoid)

WHICH reminds me. LIFETIME MYTH DEBUNKED. Worried about GHC's size, I had a discussion with my mother about my birth size. For years, I had believed that I was a 10 lb. baby. This, of course, was according to my Dad and backed up handfuls of disgusting Jabba the Hut-like photos of myself as an infant. Apparently, my Mom made my Dad out to be a liar. I was only like 6 lbs. I was still a c-section baby, but dang, DAD, way to pay attention to detail!

So, I guess I was not-so-huge at birth. But I was a fast grower -- along the likes of some other babies I know who are routinely in the 90th+ percentile for everything. Not naming any names, but you know who you are.

All that said, the doctor is hoping for an early delivery. And that means, I am officially FREAKED OUT. Don't even ask how THC is doing. Although, for the record, he did practice changing his first diaper on a real live infant the other day (thanks Freddie). So, we're making progress.

2 comments:

JRK said...

It was way more fun picturing you as a super hairy 10 lb infant at birth, Kwon! I'm sad that the myth is BUSTED. Every day I get a little more excited about finding out that GHC is officially on the way. It's going to be FUN!!!!!

KK said...

Enjoy these last few weeks! Mama V told me to go to the movies - which I should have done cause its been ages since I have been now - and to go to Target/shopping, etc. cause the trips that only take you 10 min now will soon take you 45! That should totally make you feel better. ;)