Friday, September 25, 2009

Living Large

We are off to South France tomorrow! What can I say, I've quickly become a big Francophile. What's not to love -- great booze, snotty attitude, fabulous fall weather, croissants, amazing fashion, the best cheese in the world, and BEST OF ALL - NKC is flying there first class. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

In a totally random/unrelated note, by the way, if you are ever bored during lunch, I highly recommend the people watching at Walgreen's. I was waiting to get a flu shot, and had to sit around the pharmacy FOREVER. I was watching this old woman (who walked in the same time as me) doing some serious shopping. And by serious, I mean like focused. She was going up and down every aisle, scrutinizing the weekly sale flyer, and reading labels on everything she touched for like 5 minutes. By the time I was able to leave (40 minutes later, don't ask), she was ready to check out. Her cart: 3 large cans of Arizona Iced Tea and a random VHS Jet Li movie.

I really tried to figure out what that lady's deal was. Did she wake up that morning and add "Jet Li movie" to her list of daily priorities? Did the ingredients of Arizona Iced Tea somehow meet her scrupulous nutritional standards above other food items? Was she just bored and lonely -- like is Walgreen's to her what DSW is to me?

I guess everyone has weird behaviors/habits. For example, I always look at my snot in my tissue after blowing my nose. What can I say, I like to know what's coming out. THC once told me that "serial killers do the same thing." For years, I believed him and thought maybe something was wrong with me. Then recently as I was blowing my nose (and looking), I asked him where he had learned that and he was like "huh? what are you talking about?" BECAUSE HE MADE IT UP, and did not realize that for 5 years, I thought maybe I could be a closeted serial killer.

There, that is just my random thought for now. Au revoir, kids.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So jealous! I know your trip next month will not be quite as glamorous, but we promise good marsh views and lots of alcohol. Jimmy and Cooper are already talking about "shooting sh**", bbq, oysters and good times.

I went to South of France at age 16, now 16 years ago! I hope your trip will make my cheap husband feel guilty and consider it for 10 year anniversary trip in 2011!

Anonymous said...

Beth's cheap husband reads this blob as well.

Sincerely,
Beth's Cheap Husband