Friday, October 17, 2008

I'll Be Loving You Forever

Last night = New Kids on the Block reunion concert = best night ever.

As THC likes to say when he is feeling particularly self-confident (which is rare, I know), 13-year old me would be very proud of 31-year old me.

This was my first New Kids concert (a) without my dad, (b) drunk, and (c) with floor seats so close to the Kids that I could touch them.


Jon Knight is Baracking out in his Obama shirt. Ignore Danny. He is totally bringing down the hot factor of this photo.
I swear, Jordan was looking straight at me and saying, "If only I had met you before you met THC."
13-year old me was a big Joey fan. I'm pretty sure I still have a Joey t-shirt from 7th grade. That may need to come into the wardrobe cycle. Hey, the 80's are back, right?
Ahh... Jordan.
OK - this was like the highlight of the night. Out to give shirtless THC a run for his money, Jordan decides to perform a song with his shirt unbuttoned and blowing in the wind. I am pretty sure I snorted up my beer with shock when this happened.
Yeah, I realize there are no Donnie photos. Mama V got some great ones -- mostly of his crotch -- but whatever. So you should check out her blog when she posts. Also, Po-Po and Caff will have some goodies, too.

A few observations from the evening:
1) When Po-Po gets mad at strangers she likes to call them "sluts." I am not sure why I find this particularly funny. It's just a funny random insult that I don't hear very often.
2) Nahla is not afraid to thrown down with a big scary fat girl trying to edge her way forward (in front of us) to the stage. Nahla is smaller than me, and I was pretty sure this other girl was either going to kick both of our asses or eat one of us.
3) NKOTB fans have not aged gracefully. It could have very well been Muffin Top Reunion 2008.
4) 2am discussions about politics in the lobby of the Four Seasons with fans from the Jay Z concert next door can be incredibly enlightening. I don't know why, but at some point in the discussion, I caught myself starting all of my sentences with "Yo, here's what I think...." and agreeing with people by saying, "For real" and nodding. Newsflash NKC, you're f-ing Korean.
5) Mama V knows all the words to every NKOTB song, including the new ones. Of course.
6) 15 years of drinking experience does not make one immune from the "beer before liquor" rule. Ugh....
7) Super hot girls in high heels falling down a flight of stairs is truly the best, funniest, sweetest justice ever.
Thanks ladies for an amazing night!

2 comments:

aposeym said...

Only from the safety of my own car natch. I'm not crazy!

Unknown said...

OMG-I am one of those 13 year old Joey lovers, too! My mom still has all my old posters, scrapbooks from the 5+ concerts and t-shirts. She calls it blackmail material, but now it might be priceless! :)