Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Slow Down!!!

2007 has been a pretty crazy year. The entire first half of the year zoomed by with a busy lobby season in Austin. Then, as soon as that was over, I got engaged, and suddenly I found myself trying to juggle wedding planning, usual work chaos, and out-of-town trips.

So, finally, things are starting to slow down in all aspects of my life, and it feels goooooooood.

The timing of this slow down couldn't be better. The NFL is starting to get interesting. Project Runway starts tonight. And I'm entering the "Holy-Sh*t-I've-Got-a-Half-Marathon-in-Less-than-2-Months" phase of my life.

This weekend, we managed to spend some time goofing off at the arboretum with the kiddos. For those who think Emma always gets the shaft, note that Harley is leashed, while Emma is free. After Harley's 6 dead possums in 6 days episode last fall, we've learned our lesson about letting him run free. And don't even ask what THC did with the possum bodies, because I don't know. THC still has post-traumatic stress disorder on that topic.


Luckily my firm has a very strong "work hard/play hard" ethos. Here we are last night celebrating one of our closings. Needless to say, I was pretty much brain-dead all of today. Missing from this picture is the ever-awesome AKL, who joined us late to regale us with horror stories from her blind date. AKL (and her sister, who I have never met, but blog-stalk) are hysterical!

1 comment:

Jenn and Steven said...

Emma is still cuter:) Glad things are slowing down. That means you have plenty of time to plan the Thanksgiving Turkey party you were going to throw this weekend.