Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Catching Up

Back from Virginia to see the family and to do a little bit of wedding planning. Despite the fact that THC had to suffer through 4-hours of interviews with florists and picking table linens, I think we had a good time. I mean, you can't possibly have a bad day when there's Salerno's pizza involved, right?

I did feel pretty awful for making him suffer through the day, so I threw him a bone and left him alone at the Maury River for an hour and a half armed with a $20 fishing rod from Wal-mart. Here is a photo he took of himself with a big old small-mouth bass. More entertaining than the photo itself is the mental picture of THC alone in the woods holding up this fish with his crappy old cell phone camera (which is notably held together with scotch tape).



Anyway, back up in NoVa, we had a great time with the family -- all 30+ members that came over for dinner. It was great -- especially when you have as many enthusiastic Wii players as you do in my family. Is it wrong to trash-talk your 13-year old cousin at sucking at Mario Olympic table tennis? I think not.
Here is a photo of some of the grub. You know, totally typical Thanksgiving fare -- turkey, stuffing, spring rolls, sushi, lasagna, kim-chee, grilled salmon... you get the idea.

So now it's back to the grind and back to my so-called "renewed commitment to work" -- which basically entails me not blogging at the office and attempting to get there before 10 a.m. I'm still working on the latter.

In other news, Jowers got engaged last night. When he mentioned "short engagement", I immediately asked him if she was knocked up (that's not rude, is it?). Unfortunately, it's all legit. Which, of course, left us all very confused.

Oh, and I'm running. I am not liking it, but it's happening. Yesterday, I told AKL that I wanted to go to happy hour, but I had to go running. I decided to do a coin-flip: heads = run, tails = drink. It came up heads. I then decided 2 out of 3. It came up heads again. Damn. 7 more weeks...

R.I.P. #21.

1 comment:

JRK said...

The whole story would've been a lot more impressive if you'd done all of this without your shirt on...