Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Registry

With the exception of the gifts I received from the 3-Day shower (which I'm not counting b/c THC hasn't seen them yet), our very first gift as an engaged couple arrived today! Woot Woot!!

It's funny, I SWEAR (and AKL can confirm this) just a few hours earlier, JBH was saying that best thing about being engaged is coming home every day and having presents waiting for you. I laughed it off... as if to say, I could never be guilty of such greedy pleasure. Apparently, that was WRONG!

Anyway, tonight, when I got home, I found a big box from Crate & Barrel sitting in the kitchen. Immediately, I started salivating over the precious box like "Gollum" from Lord of the Rings [insert loser comment again here]. When I opened the box, I found a really cool artisan bowl from one of our friends in Wisconsin.

Apparently, boxes from C&B are like crack. Immediately, I wanted more. I had originally thought that registration could wait until after the holidays, but now that I've had a small taste of the greedy joy, you'd better believe our registry is going to be done sooner rather than later!

This isn't the greatest picture because I took it on my cell phone, but here is a photo of Harley dressed up in the C&B packaging (with THC and Emma taunting him in the background). We are cruel.

2 comments:

Jenn and Steven said...

The best part is that you found a way to put your dog's picture on the blog AGAIN! Not even a pic of the new bowl:)

JRK said...

Registry = greatest thing ever. The only problem is you get so used to presents on your door step that the withdrawal process is a tough one. Especially as the Big Day gets closer...the volume of sweet, sweet Crate & Barrell, Williams Sonoma, etc. boxes pile up higher and higher! Be careful, NK...it's highly addictive. Plus now I sometimes find myself thinking "wish I could register again for some new gear" or "i'd never buy this myself, but it would've been a great gift to register for" which you probably would've never thought about before. Addiction is tough...