Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Opppahh!

[First things first... Happy Birthday, JKR!!!]

THC left last weekend to go back to Virginia for a fall fly-fishing trip. So, first thing on the weekend agenda was hitting Greek Fest... which is basically nothing more than standing around a parking lot with a few thousand of your closest friends, eating meat on a stick and drinking lots of greek wine.

Needless to say, I felt AWFUL when I woke up. And to top it off, I left my car at the Fleming's parking lot. In my infinite wisdom, I decided that I could manage the 2.5 mile walk to my car. And besides, Harley needed the exercise (yes, readers, I DID leave Emma at home, lay off with the guilt...).

Newsflash: if you are rocking a hangover, walking 2.5 miles in 90-degree weather at 95% humidity is a BAD idea. I nearly passed out under the freeway -- which, in case you don't know where I live, is approximately 0.10 miles away from my house. You can imagine how awesome the rest of the walk was...

Anyway, now that I'm fully recovered from last Friday, looks like I need to get the old liver prepped up for another weekend of shenanigans and tomfoolery. D-Rock is getting hitched in Santa Barbara this Saturday. It's amazing how much time has flown by since I've last seen D-Rock, so I'm really looking forward to catching up on old times... and lots of overdue drinks together.


This is the last picture of the Fab 4 together. Who knows, maybe we'll have another Telly and Perusse sighting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, NK! JRK with a mention in da blog!!!! You missed my ginormous 'gully washer' at trivia last night...and then the Marquis...and then my 7:30am conference call this morning. DOH.

Have fun in Santa Barbara!!!!