Sunday, December 4, 2011

Evolution of an Evening at Home

People often comment to me that GHC is an adorable child.  Although I never get sick of hearing this, I'm self-aware enough to know that people are usually just saying this to be polite.

But then I suppose there are a handful of "true believers" - folks who see GHC and think she should be in BabyGap ads immediately.  These people would be shocked to realize what a hot mess GHC really is sometimes (OK, most times).  So, here, for your exclusive enjoyment, dear blog readers, is a glimpse into an evening at home with us.  Judge for yourself.
Aww... look at this sweet little girl.  What could be more innocent than a little dress, Ralph Lauren cardigan, and pink balloon.  This is the pose that led me to grab my camera and think, damn, maybe my kid should be a model!
Of course, that was until this happened.  I guess all those party snacks had someone feeling, well, rather relaxed.  Yeah, that's right, I just posted a photo of my kid dropping a deuce. 
After (ahem) clearing up some room, GHC was hungry for dinner.  After wrestling out of her sleeve mid-meal, it was clear that she wanted a more formal look for dinner.  
Oh, sh*t!  Apparently, the one-shoulder went out of style in 2010!  Duh, Mommy!
Ahh, freedom!  And a Rocky victory pose!
Off to rearrange some of the ornaments on the tree after a total meltdown pulling the hair bow out and trying to get random shoes on by yourself!  Backwards shoes = winning! 
I don't know where the "hot mess" gene came from... or do I?  At least our tree is up!

No comments: