For those of you still reading this blog, I realize that I haven't really come back around to talking about all of my post-partum crazies.
The long and short of it is, I'm doing much better now. Unfortunately, just as I predicted though, I never actually sat down to talk to someone, so who knows if there are some lingering issues I should have/need to deal with. But for the most part, I'm definitely feeling like my old self again.
I think there are a bunch of factors that have played into the "coming out of the cave" feeling. First off, GHC is a freaking blast right now. She is doing something new almost every day and making me laugh all the time. She is a total daredevil and refuses to sit still for us anymore. There is a lot of "OH SH*T!" being uttered in our house, as she tries to lunge off the couch, grab scissors, reach for the electrical outlet, eat the dogs' feet, etc. I'm not sure when we're supposed to watch what we say in front of the kid, but at this rate, her first sentence is going to be, "What the f*ck was that god d*mn bullsh*t all about?".
Second, I'm on new meds. Well, not really, but sort of. I changed birth control prescriptions (TMI!!! GAHHHH big revelation that we "DO IT"!!! Luckily my parents don't read this blog). Annneeeway....the hormones in this pill are totally different from the other ones I have been on since GHC was born. I can't quite put my finger on things yet, but for the most part, I just feel like the raging daily spells of PMS have just all gone by the wayside. The little things just don't get me worked up.
EXCEPT FOR USING THE DISHTOWELS AS NAPKINS AND LEAVING THEM ON THE COUCH. I'M LOOKING AT YOU, THC.
Ahem, again, annnneeeeway. The other thing is that I've started to believe I actually know what I'm doing. And that's not a GHC thing, and that's not a hormone/crazy-town thing. It's just a self-esteem thing that had been lacking for say, the last 8 months. I was at my parents place in Va. for Thanksgiving, and I found myself correcting some of the things my mom was doing wrong! GASP!!! It sort of felt like me telling Lindsay Lohan how to make a martini. Or telling Angelina Jolie how to give a BJ. It was just all sorts of backwards!
But really, things are on the up and up. The Christmas holidays are upon us, which means wonderful things like slow days at the office (ahem, yes, busted), nifty gifties, holiday parties, and scamming THC into letting us have a live tree this year even though it's an "off" year. It's been a terrific month, and I'm definitely ready and looking forward to what 2011 has to bring. Happy holidays to all.
2 comments:
Blogger should take a cue from Facebook and just offer a "Like" button.
Ummm, you forgot getting drunk with me, Herm and Young D and doing spoken word karaoke as a rememdy for the baby blues....
Glad you are feeling better! And GHC does seriously rock.
Post a Comment