Tuesday, July 13, 2010

THC-isms

THC and I are starting to hit a stride (and by stride, I mean, barely climbing out of total chaos).  In the chaos of the first couple of months after GHC, it was hard (ok IMPOSSIBLE) for us to have real conversations with each other.  Quite frankly, most of the time, he'd be talking and I'd be tuning him out because I was so preoccupied with GHC.  

So, I've finally been able to stop, listen to him, and hear what he has to say for a change.  Of course, once I actually started to pay attention to what he is saying, I realize how crazy he is and that I've given birth to a child with a 50% chance of carrying the INSANE gene.

2 classic examples just from the past few days:

(THC on why GHC likes to cuddle up on my chest more than his):  "I can understand.  It would be like trying to cuddle up next to a cobblestone road."

(THC after being yelled at for something I can't remember):  "It's like you punch my balls repeatedly with your words."

And of course, as I'm typing this, THC is shirt-less, doing laundry THC-style (e.g. whites and darks all mixed together because he doesn't care), and flexing his muscles trying to get my attention.  

No comments: