I swear - we have more than one towel. For some reason, this duck towel ends up in every decent photo of GHC.
And trust me, decent photos of GHC are getting fewer and farther between.
Her reflux has gotten pretty bad, so we're trying to manage it with various medications, special bottles and sleep positioners. This means that she usually has some combination of the following (usually all of them together):
1) Covered in her own spit-up (why do we call it that -- I mean, isn't it really just vomit?). Not just on her face. It's in the folds of her neck fat, all over her clothing, in her hair, etc.
2) Crusty, dried up Maalox all over her face. Dr. K recommended this - and surprisingly, she loves it. The only way I can find humor in giving a shrieking baby this white chalky powder is to yell, "MAALOX MOMENT!" before each feeding. And almost immediately, both of us are in a better mood.
3) Crazy Einstein-like hair from the chaos and sweat of struggling with us during feedings.
4) Flared up baby acne. This is a new development. Luckily, it will go away in a few weeks. But when she's really upset (which is a lot these days), the acne turns even redder. She is a prime candidate for Proactiv (which apparently has informercials on at least 8 different channels at once at 4am).
So, here is a photo where she is clean, not covered in puke/Maalox, and generally in decent shape. Poor thing... but if you'll note, there hasn't been a photo of me on this blog in ages. Let's just put it this way, she looks like Miss America compared to my slovenly state.
1 comment:
Hang in there! BTW-can you eat cheese again? I have some things I want to send your way!!!
Post a Comment