Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Sweatin'

I'm officially large. I know this because:

1) I am sitting in my office sweating my ass off. The A/C is on (reminder, I live in Houston), and I'm constantly wiping sweat beads off my forehead and nose.

2) I get out of breath from just talking. Seriously - after like 2 straight minutes of talking, I have to take a swig of super icy water to catch my breath. And as a matter of fact, I'm getting out of breath from typing.

3) My shoes don't fit. Apparently this happens a lot to pregnant women. But what I did NOT realize until this AM is that often times the feet don't go back afterwards. WHAT THE???!!! Ummm... I'm seriously on the verge of tears thinking about some of my favorite shoes that may never get worn again. I feel like someone is breaking up with me, and I'm not ready for the relationship to be over!!!

4) Even maternity pants are getting a little snug. Dude.

I still have 2 and a half months to go. In theory, in that time, Gooetta is supposed to double in size. Er... last I checked, there wasn't a whole lot of available real estate in my belly, so not exactly sure how that is going to happen. Blahh!

2 comments:

KK said...

So do you take back that look of craziness you gave me in the middle of DSW when I was near breakdown and pathetically looking for Shrek-sized shoes and not even caring what they looked like?!

I am sorry you don't feel as good as you look because you look fantastic!

And I hear queso during pregnancy almost guarantees that your feet will return to the same size as before. No, really.

Unknown said...

You look great, and I promise, the next few months will fly by! As for shoes, I was fine with Betsy but I am still not back to my shoes almost 6 months after James. I went the other day to buy some MBTs and they measured me at a 7 1/2. What?! Glad I did not buy those 6 1/2 shoes in Ashville!