Thursday, July 3, 2008

Stuff White People Like

NKC Entry No. 1. Moms Groups

Mama V told us that Emily was participating in a neighborhood 4th of July parade, so THC and I decided to join the fun. It did not hurt that Mama V was planning to make my favorite meal, colossal cheeseburger (think a giant kolache filed with beef, velveeta and tomato -- and then wipe the drool from your chin).

When we got there, it was all sorts of wholesome white-people-ness. I mean, even THC was blown away, and he's like the king of white.

The list of white-people stuff we saw is pretty lengthy, but here are some highlights (photo evidence below):

1) Men wearing baby bjorns
2) Jorts
3) Tevas
4) Kids named Cody and Walker
5) Babies wearing monogramed sh*t
6) Adopted babies from China
7) Koozys (OK, this was THC and Dr. V, but they still qualify)
8) Girls with no hair wearing huge ribbon bows (duct-taped? stapled?) on their heads


Even though people were looking at me as if I might be a mail-order bride (jk), we had a great time with little Emily (who, of course, was the cutest kid there). And of course, having beers on hand didn't hurt either.

2 comments:

KK said...

Looks like all kinds of fun... I was shown the official SWL blog awhile ago and it is pretty funny. I had no idea only white people used koozies.

:)

mu-galto said...

Sounds like the "pescatarian" month is off to a great start!