Thursday, September 13, 2007

Update on the Hurricane


Ahhhh.... once again, Houston meteorologists have managed to totally freak-out over 5 million people with promises of a massive hurricane. It is 8:30 AM (note, I just woke up) and nary a drop of rain.

This is oddly reminiscent of Hurricane Rita, the next big Gulf hurricane after Hurricane Katrina. For whatever reason, people seem to WANT a hurricane to hit this area. It's like those people on Law & Order SVU with Munchausen Syndrome who want to be sick for the sympathy. [p.s. shout out to a-shon actor B.D. Wong, from whom I learn all relevant lessons in psychology]

Anyway, the last time there was a "hurricane" on the way, we all camped out at my house to ride it out. Here is a photo of Sgt. BM stuck in a small townhouse with 4 people and 3 dogs (and a good excuse to post another Harley photo). Dr. V got severe cabin fever about an hour into the night.

1 comment:

Jenn and Steven said...

That was a good time. I hope for a hurricane so we can go to your house again. I appreciated all the junk food we purchased. Nothing like bean dip when a hurricane is coming. Too bad we didn't get to do any looting!