Friday, May 24, 2013

As it should be

One of the reasons to have kids- other than the innate biological drive felt only by women with friends who have kids- is, I suppose, to mold them in your own image. Why? Because people are self-absorbed and terrible and want to perpetuate their horribleness into eternity through their youth.    

But, I, being an enlightened being, recognize that the path to an earthly paradise perhaps does not begin with me. So instead of imprinting myself on the world through my young, I spend a lot of time remaking the world as it should be, for my young.

So, what the hell does all that mean?

Well it means that when I was trying to motivate G to move her ass to school or something, I told her the legend of Mexico’s greatest hero…..




Likes: Cheez    Dislikes: Senor Daffy Duck


We’ve been watching a lot of Speedy videos lately. I present them as documentaries, chronicling the exploits of the world’s fastest mouse, and a testament to all the awesome that can happen when you get your ass in gear for once forchristsake.

In the world I want G to grow up living in, Speedy Gonzales is Mexico’s greatest hero.  (Hell, he may be anyway- the competition seems sparse: sweaty rapist Pancho Villa? Sweaty stabbing aficionado Zorro?)  The point is that I want her, for a few years anyway, to grow up in the world I wish existed, in all its' bizarre, surreal glory.     And so far, it seems to be working.    Yesterday, she was telling me that Speedy knows Draco, the Mexican resort raccoon, and brings him stolen cheese.    Works for me.

No comments: